Friday, September 26, 2008

My Battle...

My biggest battle I've been fighting lately is my battle with depression. I've been a bit overwhelmed with all I have chosen to take on and have been struggling to find my "me time". I used to hang out with my friends a bit more, scrapbook, and just hang... but with my new schedule I don't have time for any of that anymore and it's really starting to wear on me. I just needed to put this in writing so I can see if I see a pattern of when my depression surfaces and see if I can find a way to battle it without meds. I had it under control awhile back. Maybe it's just all I have taken on lately... I'm not sure. I also have AF visiting, so maybe it's linked to that. I'll see... but for now I think I need to just take some time to do something I enjoy without being stressed the whole time. I think tomorrow I'm going to bake. It's "Good Neighbor Day" this weekend, so maybe I'll do something nice for my neighbors and maybe my spirits will be lifted with service.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey--I was just looking at this post and wanted to suggest something. You might want to try looking into seeing a naturopath to see if you have a hormone allergy. My allergy to prolactin really throws me off--and affects me like depression in a lot of ways. I also burn B12 vitamin like crazy--so supplementing with that has helped me keep up my energy and my moods. Anyway--I don't mean this to say that depression is an easy fix, because I know it's not. I just wanted to share something that's really helped me so you would know that you have other options for treating it. I hope things are going well for you and that you're still able to find the time you need to stay balanced!

P.S. A long time ago you mentioned getting together next time we're in AZ. It's quite possible my little brother will be getting married down there sometime within the next few months. I will be SURE you let you know! I would LOVE to see you and your family!