Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Goals

My goals are as follows...
-4 water bottles
- journal food intake
- 3 meals, 2 snacks
- WATP (Walk Away the Pounds)... more info in a bit
- Abs/Arms (3 days a week)
- 8 pm cut-off
- no bad fast food
I work 3 days a week here and get about 15,000 steps in during work, so I get some good movement in during those days. But my goal for WATP is to complete a "marathon" (26.2 miles) by the time I go to Disneyland in 25 days. Seeing I will not be doing WATP every day (due to work, Sundays...) I hope to complete this goal! I thought it would be a fun one to work towards and my prize??? Probably something fun at Disneyland, like a charm or 2 for my watch bracelet! I think that would be FABULOUS!!! So, I will post my journals and progress here.

My goal isn't necessarily fast weight loss.
My goal is just working towards healthy habits
that will help in the weight loss department!
I'm fine with slow and steady!
They say "slow and steady wins the race"
and this is a race I am determined to WIN!
I'm looking for a LIVE-et, not a DIE-et!!!

I just was looking at my start weight in Aug and I have lost 5 lbs in 4 weeks. I say that is mighty fine! So I will "stay the course" and just keep trucking along. Looking back I remember months where I would gain 5 lbs and be frustrated! Since being off my meds, I have been doing better in the weight category. The emotional category is a different story. That is something I have to work on everyday! I'm working 3 days a week (while kids are in school) and going to school 1 day a week, that leaves me with only 1 day a week to myself. I thought for sure I would have more time to myself once school started and all kids were in school. But the opportunity came up for me to work. And it is a place I like to work at... mostly b/c of the discount... hello scrapbook supplies! But working sure makes me tired (I re-stock the inventory, lots of walking, squating and lifting) and coming straight home to kids out of school and getting homework done, chores completed, piano practiced (and taught on Wed), dinner fixed, scouts/activity days, dance (something new to our family), kids settled for bed, showers... wow, I'm tired just thinking about it all! There is probably more, but that is where I end. So, I go to bed early now. My body just stops at 9 and I can go no more! It's nice, but not really nice! I wish that I could stay up later, like on the weekends... crop-nights... dp will have to be my friend!

So, now that I just bored you all with my crazy life, I will end with this. I am learning to budget my time wisely (like grocery shopping during dance time), and then my 1 day off a week can be for me. I can get rejuvenated and feel much better and have that happy medium. I am grateful for the opportunity to work. I feel like the Lord has blessed my family with this opportunity. Sometimes we hope that if we pay our tithing and fast offerings and do the things we are suppose to do that money will just pop up, sometimes it does happen that way, but right now I know I have to work for it. I asked for some extra financial comfort and this was my answer. I know it will bless my family. OK... I'm such a rambler! But I don't keep a journal, so this is it, out for the whole world to see! Crazy!

Now if I could just get my hubby to text me an "i love you" randomly I would be the happiest person alive! ;)

No comments: